Bachelor of Science in Office Administration (BSOA)
Goal of the Department
The Bachelor of Science in Office Administration aims to produce graduates who are employable and globally competitive in the various general and specialized administrative supports, supervisory and managerial positions.
Objectives of the Department
• Equip graduates with the necessary knowledge of modern office procedures.
• Train graduates to possess the different skills needed in the workplace.
• Develop graduates who manifest good human and public relations.
Advance Office Positions
- Office Supervisor/Manager- coordinates various office support services, communicates effectively with people of diverse cultures from different levels in both oral and written forms, supervises office administrative staff and performs basic accounting functions.
- Executive Assistant- performs administrative duties for executive management such as: making travel and meeting arrangements, training and supervising support staff, preparing reports and financial data, etc., does research using various resources including internet, coordinates projects and works well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as other stakeholders of the company.
- Administrative Assistant/Department Assistant/Coordinator- performs administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors such as transferring calls, receiving and directing visitors, encoding, filing and faxing, performs jobs as multimedia researcher, coordinates video conferencing function such as preparing schedule sites, procuring equipment, and hosting conferences, and coordinates various office support services.
Opportunities and Competency Skills for BSOA graduates:
- Transcriber/ Stenographer
- Call Center Agent
- Customer Relation/ Reception Clerk
- Customer Service Representative
Advance Office Positions:
- Office Supervisor/ Office Manager
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant/ Department Assistant/ Coordinator
Self-employment opportunities for the graduates of the program
- Free lance stenographer/ encoder of various documents
- Trainer of administrative support staff
- Owner of placement agency specializing in office administration