Goals and Objectives
- To assist the students achieve their maximum potential by developing
self-awareness and self-realization.
- To make available channels in optimizing the students’ capabilities for achievement.
- To assist the students in making satisfactory adjustments in the college and in reaching responsible decisions in academic, personal and social areas of their lives.
To undertake researches related to guidance and counseling which could contribute to the development of the college system.
To provide trainings for paraprofessionals and professionals in guidance counseling and testing to enable them as partners in guidance work.
A License Guidance counselor heads the Office. He/She manages all the affairs of the office.
Guidance Staff. Does clerical and guidance related functions.
- Individual inventory. It serves as the 201 file of the students which includes records of psychological tests taken, counseling visits, and other pertinent information about the student.
- Information. It provides an updated array of educational, vocational and personal-social materials which can be useful to the students as in the conduct of some seminars, workshops.
- Counseling. It is conducted either individually or in groups on topics ranging from personal to career concerns.
- In-school Placement. It serves as a link between the students and school Placement Office of the college where students in need of income are hired as student assistants of the college.
- Psychological Testing and Evaluation. It is given to students who may be in need of such and whose evaluation may be an aide or a tool in the helping process.
- Referral. This refers to cases which are considered beyond the scope of expertise of the office that are referred to more experienced and competent professionals as part of the helping process.
- Follow-up. It’s a continuing service to the students which includes a follow-up of the progress of their cases.
Peer Counselors Development Service. It is an approach to student development which takes advantage of the concept that peers learn from peers and peers teach peers.
- Research and Evaluation Service. It conducts researches on needs, problems and performances of students whose findings are reported to the administration for consideration.
Self-Enhancement Training Service. These are trainings provided as determined by the guidance counselor based on needs analysis.
Why visit the Guidance Office
- You want to dicuss a concern with a professional guidance counselor.
- You want to discover your aptitude, interest and personality through psychological appraisals.
- You wish to improve and develop your social relationships.
- You want to conquer emotional problems involving your family, your love ones and peers.
- You want to conquer your career wisely.
- You need help how to study effectively and cope with your academic problems.
- You need information about jobs, job hunting techniques.
- You need to overcome your nervousness, shyness, timidity and other personality difficulties.
- You want to undergo trainings on personality development, conflict resolution, self-awareness, etc.
- You want to volunteer as peer counselor.
CAREER AND LIFE PLANNING
LIFE SKILLS PROGRAMS